Re: Engine block

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Engine block
From: John Hardy <hardwire@electract.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 22:43:13 +0100
Gerard,

painting the inside of the block is highly recommended if you use the right kind
of paint.

All kinds of detritis is left after machining. Stuff too small to clean off and
it clings to the rough casting. A good paint will seal it in as well as give a
good draining surface.

I use Bondaprimer in all my engines as do a lot of very respected engine
builders
here in the UK.

JH

Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> I got my 1275 engine back from the machine shop on Friday and it ready to
> go together. I'm wondering what the consensus is on painting the inside of
> the block to improve oil return. It was painted originally with a light
> green paint which is gone after being tanked.  If this is a good thing to
> replicate, what paint should I use, regular engine enamel?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gerard
>
> --
> Please visit Four Points Travel -
> Discount Online International Travel Reservations
> http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints
> To make a reservation please call Toll Free 1-800-272-3253
>
> G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
>  E A
>   R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
>    A A