Southwind Racing: enviromentalists

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Southwind Racing: enviromentalists
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:33:13 -0400
Ok, so after using multiple cans of spray gunk at the track, and being held
responsible for the dying fish population and areas of burnt grass, we finally
attacked Tinkerbells menstrual problems. It seams as if the front seal was at
fault. However not where the seal meets the damper/pulley. instead, the seal
had either somehow loosened up or didn't quite fit snugly enough in the timing
chain cover/housing to begin with. The seal literally fell out of the housing
upon removal of the damper, and had actually been spinning within the housing,
instead of the pulley spinning within it. we refitted a new seal, loctited into
place with some serious goo, and added a precautionary speedie sleeve to the
pulley (all courtesy of my rccsa crew/parts supplier Lena (aka gasket)). So far
so good, the front frame was dry after a run around town...So take that Mr.
Trauma. Unfortunately now I may have no excuse about being just plain anal
about keeping her clean and shaved.
R (WNIK) Kansa/RCCSA

(currently looking for a catchy end phrase jingle too.)  maybe..

We're gypsies in the palace, growing older but not up.

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///