Re: Eddie Haskel..

To: thickosehaskel@msn.com, speckman@coredcs.com
Subject: Re: Eddie Haskel..
From: NeotoyRick@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 10:55:55 EDT
Great adventure!  I love following this story.  Thanks for the report.  I
wanna hear more @ R.A.!

Dr D

In a message dated 8/26/01 9:24:33 AM, thickosehaskel@msn.com writes:

<< > Eddie, how about a personal report?
> GS

I thought I sent one to the Thicko list. Must not have gone thru!
We trailered out Thurs. the 9th, drove straight thur, 27 hrs. With the
trailer swaying the whole time. Went thru tech with both cars Friday. Rick
Dunlevy( Smokey-Former FlatDick) Mike Besic and myself we're teched as
drivers. I was to drive later in the week. The lines were long waiting to
run the cars, got 1 run per day per car, Sat.thru Mon.Rick melted a piston
on the red car Sat. while Mike tested the yellow car. We tore down the
engine Sat. night at the motel, got it running for Sunday.Rick exploded the
driveshaft in his next run them left for home. Mike kept getting faster in
the yellow car and by Tues.was over 175 mph. I got in the red car got 2 runs
in at 130 mph and the transaxle broke up( pre damaged by Rick?) Late tuesday
I took a run in the yellow car, got it sideways when the boost kicked in
,7500 rpm in 3rd, about 140 mph. Had to back off and correct it, only went
173 mph, needed 175.By Thurs. the long lines we're gone, the red car was
terminal, so Mike and I drove the yellow car. An intercooler hose kept
falling off on Mike, but we finally fixed it and he got it to 194 mph late
that morning. I went in that afternoon qualified for my next liscense and on
to the 7 mile course. Got it to 186 mph in a 7-10 mph headwind. I had put
the Team Thicko stickers by the drag chutes that I installed and sure enough
when I pulled the release nothing happened. I warned everyone not to use
them, the car owner lost the packing instructions. I was the only one that
had any experience with them, from the airplanes and they'er a pain in the
ass. But I had to try it! So now Team Thicko is disgraced (whould'nt be the
first time). It was fun and fast. Eddie
For a lot of pics(90+) go to www.alfacentro.com/bonneville  See you all at
R.A. >>

///