Chelsea, MI visited and revisited

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Chelsea, MI visited and revisited
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 23:34:09 EST
Team Thicko List and John....

I love confluences and coincidences. I have a new one. They happen to me all
of the time. I'd like to think it because I still have a few of my faculties
about me.

I'll try to keep this short.

In the early 80s I was traveling on a motorcycle heading for the northern
suburbs of Detroit.  Sun had set and I was in the rain without a rainsuit
running along side of 18 wheelers. Dove into a place called Chelsea and holed
up in aging (cheap) hotel.

Fast forward to 2001....was heading for Windsor, CA to meet with friends, in
October to, deliver a chassis to a friend and do some sailing. Got an
invitation to stay in Chelsea with Team Thicko member...and so I did.
Delightful... appreciated.

Tonight, Linda and I were watching House & Garden TV and a restored house was
featured from Chelsea, MI.  Scary stuff...old friend John Frank from the 60s.

Poignant...long story, but John was member of Sports Car Club in the area and
an employee of John Deere. Left Deere and was lost to us for awhile. Ran into
him during SME convention, in the early 90s and was doing very well.

Tonight he appears on TV with restored house in CHELSEA...nice feature.

John D., you would enjoy meeting him   138 E Middle Street. John and his
first wife raced a SAAB and a MGB...interesting guy...you will connect
solidly with him, if you have not already. BTW, still remember the pie.

I plan to call John as he was in white pages

Regards,

Joe Alexander

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list