Announcing the 'Thickos'

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Announcing the 'Thickos'
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:00:01 -0600
So, there'e the Oscars, the Emmys, the Golden Globes, the People's Choice
Awards, and of course the highly coveted and well deserved VSCDA banquet
dinner awards. (OK... note to self... ease up on the sarcasim... no, wait a
minute... fuck that...)

So, I'm announcing the 'Thickos". As your benevolent dictator, I'd like to
recognize the special efforts of some of you... (of course, there are some
of you I'd like to club like a baby seal... but we'll save that for some
other special occasion...) .

Included in the awards will be "Certificates of Appreciation" (suitable for
framing... buy your own damn frames, you cheap bastards... I've spent about
$4k over the years feeding your sorry asses...) ,  the "Steppin' Up" awards
for those that have exhibited an extra effort (and didn't know what you were
getting into) , the "He of Heavy Foot" award for our best drivers, and the
most coveted "Thicko of the Year".

The trophies will be travelling trophies, since I'm not inclined to make or
buy these damn things every year... so you'll keep your trophy for a year
(on prominant display, no doubt), and surrender it next year.

Now, where shall we have this award ceremony? Some thought to do it at the
VSCDA banquet would be tacky (which makes me all for that idea...), and
perhaps have suggested we do it at Rick "Dr. Dreadful" Gurolnick's
luncheon,(earlier in the same day as the VSCDA banquet). So, Rick, if that's
still on, and those of you Thickos that are attending the banquet can get
into town earlier and go to Rick's, we'll do it then. The other choice would
be in the bar after the banquet.

More details to follow. If you get a private special invitation from me to
attend, chances are you're being rcognized for something, and you damn well
better show up.

Flounder

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list