F2 Monoposto

To: unknown Prewar <british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net>,
Subject: F2 Monoposto
From: John Hardy <hardwire@electract.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:36:15 +0000
Dear all,

Further to my posting. The car I've found myself owning is a PDS formula
2 of 1977. Is was built by two engineers employed by March. The car
design is March based and uses a number of their components. It's a very
professionally built thing with a foam filled pontoon monocoque and
beautifully made suspension components.

It was rebuilt in the 80's from a derelict state by  a Carlisle based
enthusiast who raced it for 3/4 years. (I'm in contact with him) He
replaced the 2 litre Toyota engine with a FFord engine to give him class
entance for hillclimbing. He sold it to the founder of the Cockermouth
museum in Cumbria who raced it I think. I've yet to make contact. The
museum has gone bust and I bought it from the H&H auction last week for
a very very reasonable sum.  Cheap! Got the engine running tonight and
I'm like a dog with two dicks.

My only plan for now is to get it going in it's present trim and wang it
round Donington of Mallory to see what it's like. I'm after a tilting
trailor and some slicks and interms. Any suggestions for sources?

JH