Ad for the new Z

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Ad for the new Z
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:43:39 -0800 (PST)
Speaking of how it will never be the same as it was:

A bunch of us disappeared from work this morning to see the new
Lord of the Rings film (good job, lovingly done, go see it). The
theatre we went to shows ads before the previews - not the cheesy
animations to incite you to the snack bar, but high production
value ads with stars and budgets for hard products.

Like the Nissan 350Z. The ad is .... it's a "Rendezvous" wannabe:
filmed in early morning light in Prague, zooming down streets with peds
and detours and streetcars, making a U turn, blah blah blah. Except
that there are lots of cuts, the point of view is towards the car more
than towards the road, and there's a disclaimer at the end that they
were on a closed set, professional drivers wearing 5 point harnesses,
and so on...

Makes sense, I guess - a bad retro ripoff ad for a bad retro ripoff
car.  I guess they're counting on people never having seen the real
thing.