My first Auto x

To: <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: My first Auto x
From: "William Thompson" <Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 05:59:46 -0600
Went to a Polish automobile club auto cross yesterday, with stormy. My
new to me Miata, At lake Geneva raceway. I was on all season tires which
had me sliding a LOT. Christ was this funny.
All announcements were in Polish, all the people were speaking polish.

Roy, the young man that invited me along, said more than once, this must
be what's its like for POW's.   Pretty insightful.

Roy is among the best drivers I have seen, a young flounder, (credit
where credit is do) every move is planned, every shift, brake, slide.
For 20 years old (almost) he is amazing. He has a beat to death Miata.
That was handed down from his father, He has been autoxing for 4 years.
He just got beat out of fastest time of the day at just over 60 seconds.
The fella that beat him was the president of the club, and the designer
of the course ;)

 He beat out wrx's, nsx's, Hondas, 6 other Miata including mine and a
turbo, Mustangs, well you name it, he beat it, all looking very smooth.

Me, I took for my first autox a dnf, a 72, 69.5, 69.1, 68.5, 69.3  all
on street tires etc.. it was a blast

Non Flounder, Willy Thompson