Re: Road America? (AUHC)

To: mikeg@vicnet.net.au
Subject: Re: Road America? (AUHC)
From: "mg72racer@juno.com" <mg72racer@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 03:39:02 GMT
Wendy spun a rod bearing bad enough to weld it to the journal.  Medina
Motorsport in Ohio is working on her engine this week to get her back in
business for Summit Point.
    Bruce Miles bent a valve Saturday morning but was able to get some spares
from flounder, after a trip to dream farm, and was able to run the Healey race
and his group race on Sunday.
    John Bauer and myself were the only Thicko's in attendance.  Other Sprite
runners included John Daniels from Mpls, and four other well run Sprites from
the South East.
    Blown head gasket scuttled my qualifying run on Saturday.  Bruce and I
started at the back of the field and quickly caught the pack of Sprites.
Leaking rear main fouled my clutch after 3 laps and I lost touch with the
group.  Bruce finished third among the Sprite field.
    I'll be back for the final round at Mid-Ohio.  I'll also be at Blackhawk
the week before, with a short stop over in Chicago.  Will you be in the States
at all next month?

Mal Fay
#72 Spridget