Vintage Racing Bugeye with 948 and Fresh 1275 for sale

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Vintage Racing Bugeye with 948 and Fresh 1275 for sale
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 08:50:07 -0500
Sorry to bomb the lists with an ad, but I think some listers might be very
interested in this.

I've got a very nice Vintage racing Bugeye I've brought up to spec. over the
last three years. It was a perennial champion at the Waterford Hills Road
Racing Club in the 70's through about 1982.

I've done everything to make it current and fresh including installing a
fuel cell, new harness, Kirky seat, fresh front bearings, complete brake
rebuilds, new hydraulics with Willwood duel brake master cylinders.

It has all the basic goodies like Panhard Rod Front & rear roll bars.

Has a nice Vintage  minimal looking roll bar, but out of site is a well made
cage that really stiffens up the chassis and gives a lot of protection.

It has a solid 948 that just needs a different head or different pistons to
bring the CR down to a level that won't blow head gaskets. Oil pressure was
good.

It has a complete professional gearbox rebuild with cryo treating (about
$2,800)

It has a fresh professionally built 1275 Vintage race engine with lots of
good stuff that will be completed in a few weeks.

I had it out at a Midwest council school and race, and a VSCDA weekend in
2004 with the 948 and it handled great and I got easily down to a 1:34.02 at
Blackhawk as a novice driver with little practice.

Here's the deal. It's all ready to go, but my tastes have changed over the
last three years and I REALLY HAVE A BUG TO BUY A SPEC RACER FORD. I'm
willing to eat the five or six grand and hundreds of hours I've put in the
car and sell it for the original price I paid plus whatever the bill from my
engine guy is for the 1275 rebuild. I won't know that price till he gets
back from vacation in a week. It's possible I might sell the car with the
948 separate from the 1275 as well. I have a trailer I might sell with it
for an additional price. The combinations and price are somewhat in the air,
but someone is going to get a good deal any way you look at it.

For pictures and a description of the car look here:
http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/forsale.html
<http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/forsale.html>

Additional pictures here:
http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/archiv.html
<http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/archiv.html>

Weekdays, my work phone is 815 285-6795
My cell phone # is 815 441-1287
I am at this email address during the week: cfisher@borgwarner.com
<mailto:cfisher@borgwarner.com>
I am located 110 miles west of Chicago in Sterling Illinois

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"