Moving On

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Moving On
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:33:10 -0500
Fellow Spridgeteers/Racers -

So..for at least a couple of reasons, I am not going to race anymore. My few
races were glorious, a life-long dream. And meeting so many friendly and
knowledgeable people was no small part of the experience.

But now I have two race cars, and a race suit, that I need to think about
letting go, as painful as it is.

Redd is maybe more straight-forward. It would be great for someone entering
racing (as it was for me). It has a brand new, fairly hot 948, a newly
installed MSD 6AL, new battery, and new rear brakes. I have driven it up and
down County Road N often; the engine is ready to go. The only upgrade the car
probably really needs is a new harness.

SilverStreak is more problematic. I'd like the collective wisdom of the list.
My first thought is to swap out the Datsun 5-speed conversion in the
SilverStreak (which now has the first gear gated out) with the ribcase in
Whitey. I would also swap the rear disc brakes on Silverstreak with the drum
brakes on Whitey. These swaps would make SilverStreak more vintage
racing-friendly, and give Whitey a couple of nice upgrades. What I'd like to
ask the list is: is this a good idea, or should I just list SilverStreak on
Ebay, as-is, as an SCCA car?

As far as the racing outfit, I have a Bell helmet (SA2000 M2, Size Large),
Simpson racing suit, (STD 19, Size L - Red SFI-5), Simpson Hi-Top shoes (Size
11), Simpson Gloves (Red X-Large), plus arm restraint, socks. All worn for
only 6 races - the suit was dry-cleaned at the end of every season.

Both cars and their specs can be seen at www.excel.net/~bpazur. The site info
might not be 100% updated. For example, SilverStreak has new side and
rear-view mirrors not pictured or listed.

The reason I am listing this now is because someone might want to look at one
or both of the cars during the RA ELVF event. The cars are less than 30
minutes from RA.

Bud

Whitey - 1275 Street Bugeye
Redd - 948 Race Bugeye