Re[2]: carb question

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Doug Pruitt <dopruitt@ENH.NIST.GOV>
Subject: Re[2]: carb question
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 08:57:25 PST
     All;

         -My personal experience & my HOLLEY service manual states there is
     supposed to be a "little" space between the Accel. pump lever &
     adjusting nut. I've run anywhere from .040" to .080" depending on
     track conditions. Take off the air cleaner and manually tweak your
     throttle. If you have it snug, just a miniscule amount of throttle
     change constantly dribbles in gas...not good for mileage and fouls
     plugs sooner with lots of stop-and-go traffic. HOLLEY also sells
     many different tension springs and diaphragms to dial in your
     accel. pump(s) properly.

     -Another area to check is POWER VALVES. They come with different
     numeric set points to open at different vacuum settings. Buy 3-5
     & experiment with them.

     -A good friend of mine in the '70's had a very succesful bracket racer
      we ran at Fremont dragstrip every Wednesday during "grudge-racing"
      season. (A Smokey Yunick 1/8" stroked 350 in a '55 Studebaker!!)
      Times were consistently 12.50-12.70. This was an every day driver & got
      15-20 miles/gallon on the highway. I spent LOTS of time dialing in the
      850 cfm we ran.

                               Phil