Re: throwin' frisbees at my car?

To: lrw@aop.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: throwin' frisbees at my car?
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 20:28:37 -0400
In a message dated 96-04-16 07:37:12 EDT, Larry Wright writes:

>   Now, I know some Sunbeams (early? late?) had screw-on
>headlight rings. That seems a lot more secure to me. Anybody
>ever modify snap-on rings to accept a screw? Or do I need
>a new pair of rings? I certainly don't want this to happen
>again...

Larry:

My 1964 has one ring with no screw and one with a half-a**ed attempt to stick
in a screw, probably for reasons such as yours.  Looks like crap.  I have a
pair of rings (well, actually they seem to be from two different cars) which
are probably from a later issue Alpine and they have the screw you wrote
about (but other than that they seem identical to the originals).  It is in
an odd position toward the bottom of the ring (not quite centered).  If you
have access to such rings, take a look.  If you think it would help, I'll
measure them for you and you can check whether the screw holes would contact
metal on your car.  Personally. I like the snap-on look, but you are
right...it won't hold on like a screw would.

Rick Hoefle (1964 Tiger B9470508)