Re: TIGER'S RE: DMV & SMOGGING.

To: tigers@alpine.b17a.ingr.com
Subject: Re: TIGER'S RE: DMV & SMOGGING.
From: wickland@eng.adaptec.com (Steve Wickland x3128)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 96 13:30:49 PDT
Phil,
Gary is right about 1965 being smog exempt in Calif.  I went to the CHP
with a large stack of books and explained that the car was manufactured
in 1965 (Dec which I didn't mention).  Officer Perez didn't really look
at the books and signed me off.  I went to the DMV with the correct
forms, all signed and I only had to smog it after purchase.  Gary tried
to take the same steps and the DMV balked.  In my mind it is worth a
try.  My car was registered as a 1967 in Arizona, where I bought it.
Give it a try, I smile about it every 2 years.
Steve W.