Re: Mystery Pins

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Mystery Pins
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 14:46:55 PST
     Roland;

            -They may be the pins that go into the front of the cam to
             align the gear set with the cam. The crank gear should have
             (a) keyway slot(s); multiple only if you plan on either
             advancing or retarding the cam-to-crank timing. They might
             "mike" out to 1/8" or 3/16" if I remember correctly.

            -I have seen SMALL roll pins included with oil pumps to be used
             later on if the customer decides to change springs for lower
             or higher oil pump pressure. The pins replace the "stock"
             oil pump "freeze plug" after the old pump plug is pulled out &
             the spring gets changed. These liitle plugs are generally only
             special ordered & common to an engine rebuilder(same as the
             plugs in the rear of the block for the oil galleys) and are
             not commonly stocked at your local auto parts store/club.

                             Phil