Re: small world

To: "DAN DOORNBOS, ETCH ENGINEERING 505-893-6149 PG 0104" <DDOORNBOS@rr5.rr.intel.com>
Subject: Re: small world
From: Tom Hall <Modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 19:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
At 01:37 PM 5/17/96 PDT, you wrote:
>From:  HERMES::"MAILER-DAEMON" "Mail Delivery Subsystem" 17-MAY-1996
>14:37:52.58
>
>I just found I had something in common with a co-worker of mine.  He was coming
>by and noticed the pictures of the Tigers in my cube that I had pulled off the
>web page.  Well as it turns out he had a MII and his wife had a MI.  He sold
>them long ago, too bad huh?
>
>Well in the few min we had to talk today he also metioned that he helped
>start a Tiger club in the bay area around 20 years ago.  He also thinks he
>was the first president.  It sounded like all this happened about 20 years
>back, and he didn't have time to really search his memory for the exact info,
>but thinks the club was STOA.
>
>Anyone remember Mike Rogers?  Says the same guy he sold his car to still ownes
>it and still lives in the bay area.  What a small world, I'll forward any
>messages I receive to Mike, (I would publish his address but I don't have his
>permission).
>
>What a small world.
>dan
>

>Mike Rogers... now there's a name out of STOA history.  He was the first
President, but rather than 20 years ago it was 25.  June 1969 to be exact.
He should remember the Embers in San Leandro, where it all started.  Mike
and his Ex were avid autocrossers and Wesley was one of the ladies that
proved to a bunch of macho guys, with high horsepower machines, that girls
could go as fast or sometimes faster than guys.   Last time I saw Mike was
at STOA's 10th anniversary meeting at Terry Taylor's parent's home in Napa.
I hope things have gone well for Mike.  Say hello for me.

"One of the four remaining charter members"
Tom Hall