Why do these things happen to me?

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why do these things happen to me?
From: Joe Hankins <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 16:32:31 -0400
My tiger came with a set of really ugly NASCAR-Taype pins to hold down =
the hood.  Well, I removed them and managed to find an original hood =
latch.=20

I installed it, lined it up (I thought) carefully, and gently pushed the =
hood down. It didn't latch completely, which wouldn't have been so bad =
if I could un-latch it!

Am I the first person that this has happened too? Should I just keep =
driving the car until it runs out of oil and thereby make cutting the =
hood of more worthwhile when I have to rebuild the engine?

Why me, Lord?

Joe