Re: Fuel Pumps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pumps
From: Doug Pruitt <Douglas.Pruitt@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 09:24:04 -0400
At 07:07 AM 5/20/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>     Wrentham has but one stoplight in the entire town.  Guess who came to
>     a halt in the exact center of this intersection, and what he was
>     driving, and why it stopped.
>
>     Yes, friends, my Victoria British "exact copy but better, with a
>     lifetime guarantee" fuel pump is duplicating the problems of the
>     original.  The same type that gave Steve Towle fits on our way to the
>     Burlington United back in '93. I pounded on the little door a couple
>     times, and it came back to life, and I made it home.
>
>     So I am looking for a plain old reliable and maybe even American
>     electric pump.  Not too expensive.  The car is mostly stock, so I do
>     not need drag racer type flow rates or super high pressures.  It is
>     going to go in the normal location, under the little door.   Anyone
>     have any recommendations?
>
>     Many years back I bought a "Facet" pump at a yard sale.  This is a
>     little cube that looks sort of like a transformer.  There are no model
>     numbers or flow rates on it, and I see in my Summit catalog that Facet
>     now has several models.  Are these things any good?

        If this is what I think it is, it is what is on my car now. It was
installed
by the previous owner because it was cheap. On warm days it vapor locks. I
have to
pour water over it to get going. Needless to say, it will be replaced. I will be
interested to see what others recommend.

>     Stu Brennan

 Doug Pruitt (301) 975-6419
 Maryland
Zort!