Think you're having a bad day?

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Think you're having a bad day?
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 11:01:00 MST
Hi group,
I just received this little clippet and thought I would pass it along. BTW
the latest issue of Car Craft has a nice article about overheating problems.
Nothing really new, but a concise collection of things to check and possibly
change.

************
If you think you're having a bad day...

Fire authorities in California found a corpse in a burnt out section
of forest whilst assessing the damage done by a forest fire. The
deceased male was dressed in a full wetsuit, complete with a dive
tank, flippers and face mask.  A post-mortem examination revealed
that the person died not from burns but from massive internal
injuries. Dental records provided a positive identification.

Investigators then set about determining how a fully clad diver ended
up in the middle of a forest fire.

It was revealed that, on the day of the fire, the person went for a
diving trip off the coast--some 20 MILES away from the forest.  The
firefighters, seeking to control the fire as quickly as possible,
called in a fleet of helicopters with very large buckets.  The buckets
were dropped into the ocean for rapid filling, then flown to the
forest fire and emptied.

You guessed it!  One minute our diver was making like Flipper in the
Pacific, the next he was doing a breaststroke in a fire bucket 300m in
the air.  Apparently, he extinguished exactly 1.78m (5'10") of the
fire.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!
Cullen in Tempe B9472658, B395002751