Restoration Questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration Questions
From: "Randy Zimmermann" <RZIMM@hhh.umn.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 09:55:40 CST
A few questions for the Tiger Restoration Roundtable:

1.  I'm getting quotes on the strip, prime and paint stage of the
restoration.  Most shops seem to want to use a grey tint primer.  I
know the original primer was reddish.  Since my goal is to restore
the Tiger to original condition (but not necessarily concours),
should I insist on matching the original red primer?  Could it effect
the shading of the paint (Forest Green - 86)?

2.  I have the optional rear torsion bars but the DPO managed to bend
one side pretty well.  Can/should it be straightened and re-tempered
or should I replace it altogether?

Would appreciate whatever feedback the group is willing to offer.

Thanks,

Randy Zimmermann
66 MkIa (B382002349)
Saint Paul, MN