RE: engine paint color

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: engine paint color
From: Jim Parent <76276.1555@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 27 May 96 15:40:46 EDT
Chris,

I suspect that you will get this answer several times but here goes:

Get Norm Miller's book; " The Book of Norman (volume I)".  It details a lot of
information about Tigers including chapter 10 "Here comes the judge"; correct
restoration.

I hope you won't sue me Norm, for violating any copyrights but Chris, it seems
that your engine should be black and no note is made of the trans nor generator
pulley.  The book notes that approximately 400 cars were built with the black
vinyl  dash and a little over a dozen GT's were built.

Norm's book would seem to be invaluable for resto work and is an intersting read
too.  Sunbeam Specialities is where I got mine.  I don't always agree with
Norm's statements (such as "The truth of the matter is, you can't make it much
better than the factory did.") but his compendium is first rate; my hat's off to
him.  Buy the book.

Regards,

Jim Parent B9470139