Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, owner-tigers@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 14:14:50 -0600
Item Subject: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch
     That's just what Tigers need:  ANOTHER reason for the fuel pump not to
     work.

     There's no stock cutoff.  I have considered installing an emergency
     cut off of this type.  Lots of Fuel Injected cars have them, which you
     could grab at a "strip it yourself" parts yard.  I seem to remember
     something about a cutoff on my wife's Sable wagon, located behind a
     little door on the passenger side of the "wayback".

     My Mom's Vega had an oil pressure cutoff for the electric pump. You
     need oil pressure before the pump turns on, unless you install an
     extra pushbutton switch to bypass the cutoff.  Also, there might be
     circumstances where you would rather risk trashing the bearings than
     come to a halt right there (approaching train, etc.), and this
     decision would be out of your hands.  You will find these switches in
     racer catalogs.

     Stu