Stop That!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Stop That!
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 19:44:42 -0400
Hi Gang:

The question du jour is "Brake Lines - Where should they run, and why?".

Does anyone know why the rear brakes would be plumbed so that the line runs
first to one wheel and then to the other, with that second wheel having the
only bleeder valve?  My car had this configuration when I got it, and I know
someone who says that this was indeed the stock configuration, but I have
never seen nor heard of this before.

Is it really stock?

Is there some advantage to it?

Are there inherant problems with it.

Is it safe (or advisable) to change the plumbing so that the system has a "Y"
to the rear brakes, or does that violate some mystical Law of Sunbeam that
will cause Lucas, the Prince of Darkness, and his minions Jaeger and Smiths,
to rise up from the depths of purdition and smite me for even contemplating a
variation of their divine creation?

Someone stop me, please!

Rick Hoefle (1964 Tiger B9470508)