Re[2]: "K" vs "HP"

To: gary_winblad@ca.credence.com, Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re[2]: "K" vs "HP"
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Fri, 31 May 96 10:59:29 PST
     Roland;

            -Right after purchasing our TIGER, I went by my "local" 76
             station & there were some, older faded bottles labeled
             "lead substitute". Reading the fine print, they contained
             MEL, so obviously pre-dated the phase out in CA. The bottles
             were so faded, they'd been on the "rack" outside for quite
             some time. The newer stuff of course, has dropped the MEL
             from the ingredients list.

            -I put in a bottle every 2-3 tanks of gas & I use 87 Octane
             with no pinging. Even without the additive, I have no
             pre-detonation on the 87. Since my engine is slightly
             "pumped", I thought this would be a problem, (nothing a
             2-3 degree retard in timing won't cure) but it hasn't been.

            -I haven't experienced any "gumming" either and our car may
             not get driven every week. I sprayed a couple cans of B-12
             through & over my carb(also good for cleaning c. chambers of
             all your carbon buildup) after getting the car home 6 months
             ago. I haven't had any deposit problems since then either.

                                           Phil