The Curse of Lucas!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: The Curse of Lucas!
From: "G.S.Sutherland" <G.S.Sutherland@phil.hull.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 16:59:42 +0100 (BST)
        It seems that the curse of Lucas doesn't just strike those whose
cars are equipped with such components...

        I was in Birmingham (UK) on Saturday, and whilst walking past a
Shell petrol station, I was called over to assist a driver whose Ford
had suddenly refused to start. We pushed the car over the road, and then
he jumped into the car as it began to roll down an incline, and managed
to get it restarted. As he drove off, I noticed that opposite the Shell
station were a couple of signs reading "LUCAS" at the entrance to a large
building. Could it be that this building influences passing motorcars
with the infernal affects of the Prince of Darkness' own electricals?

                Graeme