LAT 70s

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: LAT 70s
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 22:34:27 -0400
Hi, All:

I have been presented with the opportunity to buy a set of four LAT 70 wheels
(version 2, according to Norm's book).  They are not pristine (unpolished,
generally weathered) but solid, with tires mounted that are holding air (even
though the tires themselves are cracking).  One spinner is missing.

I know SS sells repros for about $240, and I hear that they are very good, so
I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts about the viability of these
30 year old wheels, and what their value might be (i.e., are they worth the
asking price?).  For the sake of this discussion, I won't say how much is
being asked for them.  I would like to get opinions that have not been
colored by any figure that I throw into the fray.  Also, do those of you who
own such wheels feel that they are nicer in full polish?

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Rick Hoefle (1964 Tiger, B9470508)