Electric Water Pumps

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Water Pumps
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 10:55:00 MST
Hi Group,

Just a little update trivia on water pumps to keep everyone informed.
I was looking in the July issue of Car Craft and found an ad for an electric
water pump by a company called MOROSO in Guilford CT. Supposedly it is a
12V, 7 Amp unit. Aluminum housing with SS motor shaft.
I called them and found that at the present time they only manufacture for
Chevy, both large and small block. He did however say that they are working
on a Ford version. It has some difficulties in that the timing cover is
involved and is probably several months away from being ready for market.
The Chevy version, pumps approximately 19 gallons/minute and cost around
$225. The only problems have been with flow rates that are too high to get
proper cooling in the radiator. A restriction has to be installed in some
units.
Sounds like the Tiger may have some relief in the future  in the cooling
department.

|  Cullen Bennett  in Tempe, Arizona  (1965  MK I Tiger B9472658)    |
|  p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com       (1967 Alpine SV B395002751)|