More: Parts Washer....

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: More: Parts Washer....
From: Rick Fedorchak <Rick_Fedorchak_at_750@ccmail.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 13:21:48 -0400
I guess one of the reasons I'm planning on building my own parts washer is
to get a better product for the money.
I'll   shop around for surplus tanks and pumps, I'm SURE something will show up.

( I have a guy trying to sell me an old vapor degreaser.  It's solid
stainless steel construction, has a 115 vold pump to spray out the solvent.
The tank is 36" x 24" x............5 feet tall. He wants to unload it at an
embarrasingly low price, but at somewhere between 1000 to 1500# in weight,
it's just a bit too much for my garage. Not to mention that the tank height
would have to be cut down significantly. )

Most of the commercial units I've seen ( Graymills, etc. ) are priced way
too high for me, although they're quality pieces.  OTOH, Units from Harbor
Frieght, Northern hydraulics, and some of the local warehouse stores tend to
not be built to last. On many the pump is not designed to pump fluids like
Varsol or Safety Kleen, only the water based stuff.

But back to the issue at hand, I was wondering. Is it best to just have one
parts washer ? Or is it better to have a tank that you can soak big and/or
dirty parts in, and a separate washer for cleaner parts ?
Looking for opinions here.

.