Bowie British Car Day

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Bowie British Car Day
From: "Steven Semeraro, ATR, (202) 514-8374" <semerasx@justice.usdoj.gov>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 9:20:17 -0400 (EDT)
The best weather for a Bowie BCD in some time, and what a great
show it was.  This British Car Day blows away any other show I've
seen.  The standard, the odd, and the wonderful are all
side-by-side, and there's just so many of them.  My favorites
yesterday were the three Jag Mk IXs and the Lotus Elite.  The
Marcos that got me started down that path was also back again and
a really nice Triumph Italia.  The Sunbeam display was a little
disappointing.  Only three Alpines.  The best was a really nice
white one from Pennsylvania.  The engine compartment had just
been redone and looked great.  There were about six or seven
Tigers, including my favorite, the baby blue Mk II.  I like it so
much because it's obviously driven and enjoyed, yet still looks
great.  That Rapier was back again too.  Interestingly, the
Cobras are right next to the Sunbeams.  There were three this
year, two 427s and a 289.  There are always rumors that this show
will not return next year.  It's hard to believe, because this
show is the best.

Steve Semeraro
Series V Alpine (More below)

BTW -- A Series V Alpine sold in the For Sale area before I even
got there.  The description sounded nice and the asking price was
$3000.  Also, there was a guy there selling nice wood dash boards
in solid wood or veneer.  Expensive, but cheaper than Prestige
Autowood (or whatever that place in California is called).  I'll
post his number if anyone's interested.