Re: PLAYING TAG

To: tigers@autox.team.net, rootes1@best.com (Norman Miller)
Subject: Re: PLAYING TAG
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 11:48:08 PST
     All;

     -Are the "decals" metal or something else?

     -Is the info. stamped into the decal or is it some kind of ink?If it's
      ink what solvents is it/ is not resitant to?

     -Are they affixed with an epoxy-type metal-to-metal glue or do they
      use little spot welds?

     -Would a "soak" in a caustic soda "hot tank" destroy the tag itself to
      degrade the glue enough to get it off?

     Reason I ask is I have access to an "expert" retired Organic/Inorganic
     Chemist who could probably give me a very-specific answer if enough of
     the "what-ifs" were pinned down. Don't want to refer sometime to a
     process that may destroy what they wanted to save in the first place
     because of incomplete info.