Pulled Panhard

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Pulled Panhard
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 17:11:21 -0700 (PDT)
My panhard rod bracket has ripped from the frame.  I saw a repair at Toms
that had the bracket welded to a thick plate of steel bolted to the frame
rail.  Should that plate also be welded to the frame?  If I weld the plate
to the frame rail then do I still need the bolts?

I don't want to move the attachment point to the other side of the car as
Rootes later did.  Other than the tendency to pull from the frame is there
any other reasons why the rods were moved to the other side? I thought I'd
read somewhere that if the rod bracket height is modified and if the bracket
is stoutly attached to the frame rail  that the panhard would perform fine
attached to the passenger side.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  (2.3L powered by Ford)
                       Yamaha Seca 900