Re: Heat reduction

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat reduction
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 96 06:53 EDT
David Horton wrote:
>Considering that a major Tiger concern is the buildup of heat in the engine
>compartment,
>has anyone had (or heard of) any experiences with using the insulating wraps,
>tapes, and sacks made for headers?

Yes, David, I am using some wrap on my car now; it is called Thermo-Tec.
Discussions on this List a fair # of months ago depicted a consensus that this
product retains heat to the point where the structural integrity of the headers
might be compromised. This might be in extreme situations, though. My mildly
driven car has had no problems, and the car runs cool. I may, however remove
it this winter in favor of a header coating; you're right the wrap really is
unsightly.

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1   (302/285, T-5)
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R       ($TB, 17d BTDC)
1992 Toyota pick-up             (Bilstein, Yoko AVS)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333
and e-mail at home now!      Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com
(And I'm looking for a tow-behind cement mixer. Any
ideas?)