Re: mailing list woes

To: alpines@autox.team.net (Alpines), tigers@autox.team.net (Tigers)
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 96 8:05:02 CDT
Barrie L. Henderson writes:
> Have not received any alpine postings for several days now.  Is the system
> down or do I have a problem with my incoming mail?

The problem was with the server, not your incoming mail.  Until we get an
official word from MJB, here is my best guess as to what happened.  It
appears there are some Lucas parts in autox.team.net, which is the (Sun?)
workstation that hosts many of the Britcar mailing lists (SOL, Pre-war, MG,
Triumph, Alpine, Tiger, there are probably others).  The Vintage Triumph
Register national convention was held last Wed. thru Sun. in Albany, NY.
MJB attended.  About a day after he announced that he would be away, the
Lord of Darkness intervened and autox.team.net stopped accepting SMTP (mail)
connections.  MJB returned to Utah either Sunday or Monday, fixed the
problem, and the mail finally started flowing again sometime Tuesday.  If
you get this message, then all is well with the Alpine and Tiger lists.
--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com