veesix

To: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Subject: veesix
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 13:16:29 -0400
The TE/AE latest newsletter had a article on this, and yes someone DOES in
fact offer a "kit" to simplify installation of the Capri/Mustang II style
v-6 in the Alpine.  Don't remember the names of the people involved, so i'm
not sure if they're the same ones you hooked up with.

I still seem to remember some comments on problems with these engines
centering around head gasket problems and oiling problems. But i can't
verify this.  I do know that Offenhauser offers a manifold to fit these
motors. It's a two piece affair. You can install a top piece that mounts a
four barrel carb ( such as a Holley 390 ) or install the top piece to mount
a two barrel.  The whole setup is  kinda tall, though, and might not fit
under the sunbeam hood by the time you add a air cleaner.