STINK'N BADGES

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: STINK'N BADGES
From: rootes1@best.com (Norman Miller)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 20:10:42 -0700
Stu wrote:

>     I've heard the 289 story before, but the badge connection is new.
>     B382002452, built in Sept. '66, (right, Norm?) came with "V8" badges.
>     I dug back into my spares last night and found the originals.  So, it
>     could be that these were common to lots of Mk 1A's.

Gentleman, all of this 289 and emblem stuff is very interesting.  That's way
I wrote the book.  Now that recently uncovered Ford Industrial records
decode the meaning of Tiger engine numbers, I'll have to get going on
"Volume II".

Stu, as far as build dates, remember, the column in the "registry" is
labeled "Jensen Date" (the date that Jensen tells Rootes the car is
finished, so they can get their money).  It gets you close, but I doubt it
is the actual production date.

Norm