Leaf spring repair/replacement

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaf spring repair/replacement
From: Mario Jorquera <MJORQUERA@intergate.dot.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 09:10:08 -0400
Boy, the latest Tiger page digest was full of great
info...free e-mail through Juno, fixing fender botts-dot
studs (thanks, Paul, I'll be trying your idea!) and nobody
made too much fun of Frank Marrone!

What I'd like to ask the group is what any of you have
done to fix weak leaf springs.  My Tiger's rear end
seems about 2" lower than the front, and the car
bottoms over even mellow bumps, especially with two
people inside.

Victoria British has replacement springs for all
Tigers/Alpines.  Are these any good?  If not, are there
other sources?  Will the springs be marked so that
people will know they're not original?  (Sorry Frank,
could'nt resist!)

What about just adding a small lifting block between
the existing spring and axle?  Is this a bad idea?  Or
perhaps, just taking the springs apart, cleaning them
and adding new spacers and lube?  How about
re-torsioning?  Perhaps I should just chuck the whole
thing and install a T-Bird IRS!?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Mario Jorquera
B9471239