Nasty remarks: let's stop them, please

To: tigers@autox.team.net (Tigers)
Subject: Nasty remarks: let's stop them, please
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 10:59:41 CDT
I'm reluctant to do this.  "Live and let live" has pretty much been my
philosophy on the list.  But some recent messages have been above my
threshhold for tolerance.  I can live with articles that aren't Tiger
related, but are somehow auto related.  But when the list descends
into personal attacks, I have to speak up.  Someone else mentioned
that "Tigers are great hillclimbers; let's take the high road."  I
couldn't have said it better.  We're all adults on this list; let's
act like it.  If you want to get nasty, send a private message to the
person; DON'T send it to the list.  The list is a valuable resource.
If it doesn't stay civil, it will cease to be valuable.
--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com