RE: Uncooperative Tiger

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Uncooperative Tiger
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 02:17:07 -0700
        Why are you assuming that it is electrically related?  When this
happened, did the Tach drop to zero, or was it still reading normally?
(Assuming the electronic tach here...)  If it still read normally, you
can eliminate the distributor (but not the cap, rotor, or wires), and
points, and perhaps the condenser, but not the coil itself.  It's all a
process of elimination by means of Logic.  i.e.  If the radio is on the
hot (run) side of the ignition switch and was on but did not faulter
when the engine died, you could basically eliminate the switch from
being the cause of the problem.  The Tach would have quit as well in
that case...

        It's time consuming, but fun (in a twisted kind of way) to track down
these problems.  It's why the British have warm beer......Lucas
refrigerators.

Rich