replies to Phil, Paul & Gary

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: replies to Phil, Paul & Gary
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 07:41 EDT
Phil wrote:
>-I own a couple different sets of brake hones, is this the way to go on a
TIGER
>brake rebuild (clutch too) or is it simpler and easier to buy new master
>cylinders(both are "weeping" a little bit now)?
>-Is this the way to go on wheel cylinders too...just buy new? Has anyone gone
>the rebuild route only to have to buy new shortly thereafter?

Phil, this happened to me. I got the master resleeved, rebuilt and it is
still weeping. I betcha other folks are running on rebuilds just fine,
though.

Paul wrote (about fulcrum pins):
>Larry; Check under the rearmost mounting bracket.  My pin sheared off at
>the mid point of the radius' that are cut in the pin to allow the bolts to
>fit it. It sounded like a gun shot!

In other words, I gotta partially disassemble the suspension to inspect.
Darn!

Gary wrote:
>I sure agree with Roland!  And the roll bar is a great place for the
>third brake light, something else I don't want to be without.

Don't forget the side-intrusion beams and the ABS!  :-)
Unfortunately, the same prob still exists for Mk I owners:
fouling the boot doors. We need a solution. I wonder if the
uprights on a roll bar had a "dog-leg" on them to clear the
boot doors, if they would interfere with rearward vision?

BTW, yesterday was like X-mas. Not only did I get my order
from Sunbeam Specialties, but I came home to my August
copy of Classic & Sportscar (weeks after everybody else, I
suspect) and my order of TigersEast shirts and hats. They
look great, really bold graphics!

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1   (302/285, T-5, Revolutions)
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R       ($TB, 17d BTDC, +25 MIR hp!)
1992 Toyota pick-up             (Bilstein, Yoko AVS, Concordes)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333
and e-mail at home now!      Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com