Blocks............

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Blocks............
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 14:03:34 -0400
>Roland Writes:
>>Sometimes I think I'm seeing double.  A discussion on this very subject is
in progress on the fordnatics list.  One poster, a former Tiger owner,
commented that the 260 in his Tiger only had 2 freeze plugs, as opposed 3
for a 289 block.

>>Shouldn't all 260 blocks have a '63 (C3--) manufacturing date? I'm pretty
sure my snake block (5-bolt 289) does.

OK folks.....more questions...   How does this all break down ??

Do all Tiger 260 blocks have three freeze plugs ?  How about 5-bolt 289's ?

Are the first set of casting #'s on the blocks (  5G20 ) a year, month, day
code ?  ( maybe 1965, July, 20th day ? )
And what's the significance , if any, of the other numbers ( C4OE-6015E for
example ) ?

                                            Rick Fedorchak