Re: Genius at work ??

To: tigers@autox.team.net, richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: Genius at work ??
From: Keith Bradshaw <bradshaw@utdallas.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:34:59 -0500 (CDT)
        Rick,

               ***            When I got the six bolts out, and was able to
separate the upper and
         lower halves, I got to look at the "air filter element".  It was a true
         marvel of a design. ( so to speak )  This lovingly hand crafted wonder
was
         constructed of an inner and outer screen, with , hold on to your hats
kids,
         _STEEL WOOL_ packed between them !!

        Haven't you looked at a rootin tootin 1594 cc Alpine with dual carbs on
it?

        Mine had steel mesh air filters , one on each carb, about 4 inches
across.

        Sounds like someone was just upgrading a somnolent Tiger to a hot rod
Alpine standard.

        The old Alpine engine was pretty neat, Dual carbs , not staged, so you
had to feather foot it

        moving off the line to get best accelleration, tuned headers (stock)
thumbscrew adjustable

        ignition timing ( I think for fuel quality) gear shift adjustable for
height!! and a crank starter

        that worked pretty damn well.  It was a neat little hot rod that would
do about a 100 and responded

        well to trailing braking.

        mBrad