Re: Ride Height

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ride Height
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 22:28:22 -0400
nicholsj@oakwood.org wrote:

>      With all the recent e-mails about suspensions I thought it was time to
>      take a close look at my Tiger. Looking at my Tiger's front springs
>      over the weekend I noticed what look like spacer blocks stuck between
>      the coil springs on both sides. Did stock Tigers come with spacer
>      blocks or is this something the PO might have done? My next question
>      has to do with the correct ride height, front and back, of a Tiger.
>      What is it and how do you measure it. Also, at what point should
>      springs be replaced and the front end rebuilt. My Tiger is supposed to
>      have 48,000+ miles according to the odometer. Any help and info is
>      appreciated. Thanks.
>
>      Jeff (MK1 B9471120)

Jeff:
If the condition of the rest of the car supports the odometer reading
then you have a very special car!

With what everyone has said about the lack of parts, I will be
interested to hear how someone would go about actually rebuilding their
front end.  Sounds like it can't be done.  Please, someone, tell me I'm
utterly confused!
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS