Re[2]: FREE Swill Pots for Tigers

To: gary_winblad@juno.com, Steven Laifman <av342@lafn.org>
Subject: Re[2]: FREE Swill Pots for Tigers
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 96 09:48:09 PST
     Steve, et al;

     -Do a check of the actual water running temp. with a good kitchen
     thermometer, either a candy or meat-type. I tested my old (180) and
     current(160) thermostats this way on the stove. Verified opening
     temps.matched stamped value and that they were fully open about 15
     degrees above the stamped rating.

     -The PO of our TIGER got fed up with this  discrepancy, he put in a
     real sensitive MECHANICAL Temp Guage & sender. (AUTO METER). Any good
     brand will do. I've heard there's some kind of mis-match in
     "performance" curves between the stock SMITH's guage & the FORD
     sender?

     -I put a coolant recovery tank on. With the 160 therm. & completely
     topped up in the tank, last week when it was close to 100 outside, the
     beasty ran 175-180 & no higher. Even idling at lights, etc.

     -Let me know when you do the test.

                                         Phil