Smog Laws, FYI

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Smog Laws, FYI
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 96 12:21:37 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text

     From  Hot Rod, October 1996. Letter of the Month.(page 8)

     "At a time when the automotive hobby is faced with a crisis in the
     form of emissions-control and junker programs, it is amazing that the
     very people who will suffer the most seem to care so little or are so
     ignorant of the problem.

     In 1993, faced with an intrusive central emissions plan, various car
     groups in southwestern Pennsylvania formed the Tri-River Car Club
     Council to make our voices heard. With a grassroots effort that
     included calling and writing our elected representatives and securing
     names on petitions, a band of ordinary citizens helped stop central
     emissions testing in our state, changed "Cash for Clunkers" into "Cash
     for Repairs", and wrote the legislation for new classic, antique,
     street rod, and collectible license plates, which is now law. If your
     voice is loud enough, then you can achieve similar results in your
     state. Remember, this is your love and your hobby. If you don't work
     to protect it, it will soon be history.

     We welcome any organization in any state who could use our input or
     help us in our endeavors to continue the preservation of our hobby.
     Please contact:

     Lee Ivanusic, Dir. Public Relations,
     Tri-River Car Club Council
     1713 Eben St.
     Pittsburgh PA 15226

     412/341-5988 / Fax: 412/ 341-9990."

     Thios shows you what can be done if people pay attention, and get off
     their tails and push a little.

     Stu