Re: Carburetor rebuild

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburetor rebuild
From: psilva@juno.com (Peter J Silva)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:35:12 PST
On Tue, 1 Oct 96 14:55:23 EDT "Tom Ballou" <TBallou@LANMAIL.RMC.COM>
writes:
>Why do you think it needs a rebuild?

The Holley carb is leaking like a sieve...Most of the gaskets are bad,
and the throttle shaft leaks raw gas on the manifold. I figured that
Holley must be a cheap carb to have so many problems. Thats why I
inquired about the Ford carb.

After removing the Holley from the car, I also noticed that the fast idle
cam does not align with the fast idle screw...this explains why cold
starts have been such a problem. I fixed this by bending the idle screw
retainer to align properly with the cam.

The carb is a model 7448, rated at 350 cfm. Holley does make a 500 cfm 2
bbl carb, but I am not in the mood for spending $250.00 for one. I guess
its rebuild kit time for me.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Peter Silva