ROOTES INSIGNIA.

To: tigers@autox.team.net, G.S.Sutherland-MSCCG96@cs.bham.ac.uk
Subject: ROOTES INSIGNIA.
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 96 09:31:09 PST
     All;

     -Many moons ago as a History undergrad, I had a "minor" interest in
     heraldry, which I feel is an interesting additional way to trace
     bloodlines by the minor changes in the heralds with the passage of
     time.

     -QUESTION: Have any of you Sunbeam folks out there (Norm, are you
     there?) ever researched the ROOTES herald as to the meaning of the
     symbols, facing direction, colors, changes, etc? Was it an "adopted"
     herald or, was in fact, granted to the family by the Crown?

     -I would be curious to know. I'm sure there may be an exhastive
     history of the "ROOTES GROUP" and their beginnings,.. a history of
     their herald/CREST would be interesting and may turn up some unusual
     facts(it sure did in my family!!).

                          Phil LeBrun..."THE BROWN", from St. Etienne.

                                '66  TIGER  B382002328.