RE: Turn Signal Repair

To: <semeraro@erols.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Turn Signal Repair
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Oct 96 18:08:03 EDT
Steve writes:

"I couldn't figure out how to separate the bracket from the rest of the
unit or how I could attach it to my old bracket.  But, I figure that there
must be a way, because isn't the repair kit just a new plastic piece?  I
guess I could cut out the bracket with a hack saw or something, but I bet
there's an easier way.  Has anyone dealt with this?  Many thanks in
advance."
***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 10/15/96 3:04p
Although Steve asks about the whole bracket, I only know about the
plastic piece: I put a new plastic kit in my turnsignal.  What I did,
right or wrong, was to drill off the head of the rivet, pull off the old
broken piece, put on the new one, and run a small head bolt (cut to just
the right length) through the hole created when I drilled off the top, and
attached a small nut at the other end with Lock-tite.  The head of the
bolt and the nut do not seem to interfere with anything and it has been
working fine.  I think the correct method was to use the new post in the
kit and use a rivet-type expanding tool to put it on.  Since I didn't
have one, I made due as above.

Jay Laifman