Re: ((((((filter)))))))

To: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Subject: Re: ((((((filter)))))))
From: Steven Laifman <av342@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 21:00:45 +0100
Richard Atherton asked about remote filters, and Larry Wright wrote
about "1/2 a set-up".  PAW (Parts Automotive Warehouse (or their store
"Home Mechanics Warehouse' (two San Fernando Valley locations) stocks
complete kits and pieces ranging from adapters, clamps, hoses and filter
holders with one or two filters, or stainless steeel braided lines and
individual fittings.  Most successful installations I've seen adapt the
Filter Holder Block (1 or two spin-on" to hoses snaking thru the left
front inner fender well to the filter holder on the other side in the
left front forward wheel well.  Others snake the lines forward thru the
radiator support header then loop back thru the sheet metal into the
same front fender inner panel location.  The cleanest installation used
stainless braided line with AN fittings to AN bulkhead fittings thru the
inner fender well, with adequate slack for engine torque, of course.  I
am simply using the PH3512 on an adapter on the block.  I purchased a
Ford Motersport right angle adapter (about $50) to allow a full size
FL1-A to screw into the engine block, altho at a slight angle, but it
dropped out of my trunkj on they way home and self destructed.  A dry
fit with the damaged pieces seem to indicate it will work, but the
replacement is back-ordered from Ford till December!

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/