Winter Storage

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winter Storage
From: Joe Hankins <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 21:02:31 -0500
Winter is closing in on us here in new England, so it was time this past
weekend to put Terrence (my MKI) into hibernation for the winter.

For my birthday this year, my wife gave me a "Carcoon". I don't know if
you have seen the ads for it in the Classic Car magazines from the UK,
but it is really slick. In consists of a heavy-duty PVC sheet that you
drive the car onto, and a clear plastic bubble that you throw over the
car. The bubble zips to the bottom sheet to seal the bubble. There are
two small (12 v) "muffin" fans that inflate the bubble and circulate
filtered air throguh the bubble and out an adjustable vent in the
front.
It took less than 15 minutes to do the job! The workmanship is qquite
good, and the zipper works like a dream. I highly recommend it,
particularly for those of you who are worried about moisture condensing
in your car.

I'm surprised that there is no US distributer for this product yet. It
seems like a good opportunty for a car restoration supply outfit, as
this device is definitely a cut above the car bags I've seen. They make
them in several sizes, including one for motorcycles. I understand that
they will soon be offering a version for cars stored outside.

Joe