Re: Shorty Water Pump

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Shorty Water Pump
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 19:51:07 -0800 (PST)
At 08:41 PM 12/2/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Interesting advert in "Kit Car". Ford SVO has an ad for an S.B. water
>pump that is 1 1/2" shorter than stock. Sounds suspiciously like a Tiger
>water pump, except for the drivers side water inlet. Wonder if they have
>a RH side inlet in the works?

Paul

I believe you will find that this new pump design was developed for the
Explorer 302 installation.  We recently got one and I noted it right away.
Might be a way to get the late model serpintine belt on the front along with
a power steering pump.  We will be looking at this for Rob's "Bomber".  If
this is the original development requirement, I wouldn't anticipate a RH
alternative.

Tom